Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the journey of faith

The Journey Of Faith

I walked on a narrow stone path with gaps in between, moss suffocating large trees on either side of me.
A winding river on the right side of me moving quick and stealthy like a snake, fast but deadly. The humid environment blocked my senses for a moment as I got used to my surroundings.
As I continued down the path the trees seemed to close in around me, as if I was invading on their territory unaware of what lies ahead.

I catch sight of a shimmering red stone in the swamp grass. Cautiously I crept to pick it up, straying from the path, feet squelching through the mossy ground each time sinking lower the ground swallowing me, forcing me to increase my pace.
As I bend down to pick it up I noticed it was set in a cross, engraved with some kind of message which I cant yet see because I have lost my glasses, and the heat and intensive sunlight have severely affected my vision to the point where much if blurred.

I struggled back to the path, and as I continue I drop into the swampy type water, vines and reeds catching me and holding me inside the dark belly of the river. But I wriggle free like a worm from the clutching grasp of a bird, but as I struggle to swim I am hauled out of the water and back onto the riverbank.
I wipe the water from my face and squint to try and find the path but instead, while reaching for the path I find my glasses.
I sighed a breath of relief but then search frantically for the thing that saved me, noticing that I am not alone.

Noting was there.

But the stone was glowing brightly, and I place my glasses on to read:
“I am always watching,
Always near,
All you have to do is believe and have faith,
Follow me.”

I continued down the path, confused from the event that had just occurred and examining the cross.
I heard a rustling through the trees and slowed down, tiptoed waiting for something to appear.
Out fumbled a man with torn and tattered clothes, knocking me to the floor and thinking nothing of it. He then stared at the cross around my neck with a horror struck look on his face, I looked down, and it was glowing again.
Then he sprinted back off into the trees even more quick and determined than before.

I jogged hastily jogged down the path and came across a building with a sign reading:
“THE FOREST RANGERS”
I thought I would investigate as I could perhaps find equipment to fight off whatever was chasing that man. I tried the door but it was locked so I climbed through a smashed window.

Inside I found some boots, clean clothes and a machete but as I got ready the stone started to glow again. I wielded the machete and crept cautiously through the rooms. I heard growling and then glass fell down on me from above like hailstones.

It was a wolf.

It circled me looking for an opening to attack, I swung the machete as if I was aiming for a home run in baseball but missed and was badly bitten on the arm.

The outcome obvious I tried a new strategy. I held the cross, closed my eyes and prayed, and when I opened them, I was wounded but the wolf had face a much more worse fate.

I ran out confused and bedazzled of what had just occurred. I was sure something else entered the room, but what??

I still walked on to find a beach, and as my instincts instructed me I signalled for help.
I made a signal fire and although it may be cheesy I wrote in big letters help, and then I just waited for days, praying and hoping to be rescued.

By the fifth day I had lost all hope and out of frustration and launched the cross into the water like a javelin in frustration, and as I did this a helicopter hovered overhead sighed to be finally rescued.
But before I got on the helicopter the same man from earlier on crept behind me like the snake of the river and whispered gently, “once you loose faith there is no return.”

Baffled, I got on the helicopter and as we set of in the air, I saw a red light from inside the see and as I thought nothing of it the helicopter burst into flames and chaos unearthed.
The helicopter plummeted into the sea just 400 meters from the island.


Well you know the rest because you’re here with me now…

“Once you loose faith, you never return.”

4 comments:

Fizzy said...

Interesting :) did you do it?

Is it a true story or something?

And did the person die or something in the end when he lost faith or whatever?

eternity.forever. said...

Wow, some piece of writing...I think that has outdone my post before...Oh well...I really liked it. A piece of true fasttrack work...

Shiningstar said...

Wow.That was so clever.You've got talent

Shiningstar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.