Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Brief Facts; Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows.


Everyone has been waiting for the arrival of Harry's final journey, and sicne I woke up at 7o'clock in the morning on Saturday the 21st to get this book, I thought I might as well share my views on how brilliant Harry's ending was.

This is not a fully pledged review like your average one.
I have chosen to make it very thin, as not to reveal too much. I am sure people who have read it will agree with me.
I am only just giving you the facts that may help you understand the story. It took me a while to fully understand the many plots and twists. Once you do, you will also feel the way I do.

If the Half Blood Prince left you with many questions, be sure that your answers will be revealed.
The wonder of the Horcruxes has been enbedded in many minds, including my own. Know very well that the magnificent story plots reveal these. We were left with the knowledge of seven horcruxes. This was revealed very thoroughly by Dumbledore before his death.
The Horcruxes played a huge part throughout this book.
A Horcrux being this; An object that gave Voldemort the capability to place part of his soul into safe keeping. The horcruxes were mostly valuable items to Voldemort. Whether they were entwined in his life as a young student at Hogwarts, or something that was somehow involved with him deeply.
They could be hidden, anywhere. As we found out in book six.
I am only giving clues/facts that we already know from the past books, for I want to give a chance for those who haven't finished it yet.

Slytherin's Locket (enclosed) is the first locket that Harry destroys in this book, since it was left off from the last book. But with what I am not saying.
During the last six books, two of the horcruxes were already destroyed. Tom Riddle's Diary (Chamber of Secrets) and Graunt's Ring (Half Blood Prince), the one Dumbledore had the pleasure of wearing.
The remaining four will slowly reveal themselves, one clue to help solve some; Hufflepuff.

The idea of the Hallows intrigued me very much, it proved that J K Rowling was more intelligent than I thought she was. Clever enough to place side by side this one question; Hallows or Horcruxes? I will not explain the Hallows, for I believe it is one of the more important sides of the story, and it is for you to unveal.
The clue for this one; The cover. At the very top of the spine. That is all I will say.

Two deaths? J K Rowling knew that these deaths would effect us all. It shocked me also when one of my friends told me before I had read the part. It seems sad, that we all suspect the main characters, who I will not announce, to die. But it is even more upsetting when we find out the people who did die, who gave their life to save one person. Prepare yourselves, death may mourn your minds as well as the characters.

Despite all of these large plots, the journey that Harry, Ron, Hermione and co. go on is the best. Love, tradgedy, failure, sucession, just some of the things you will feel.
You will truly feel the power of Lord Voldemort, and the hate and anger he brings to the world of magic. You will see the mind of the 'boy who lived' and understand why his journey has been such a long and tiring one.
I enjoyed it so very much. More than I imagined. I plunged my heart this book for three whole days just to find out the glorious ending that came across Harry. It does also upset me, that there will not be another story to intrigue me anymore. I feel a sense of loss, for over these past ten years or so, I have always had something to look forward to.
I give my praise to J K Rowling, a brilliant author and one that we should all praise for years to come. This is by far the best book, the one that carries the answers and the burden to our questions and hopes.
I do hope you all love this book, for one thing can be sure; Harry is truly, the boy who lives.

3 comments:

eternity.forever. said...

Hope you all get something from this.

Attitude said...

This book was soo interesting in my opinion i think it was the best harry potter book out of all the other harry potter books, talking about books i would like to reccomend a book 'looking good dead' by James Patterson, its a crime book involving death and murders and how the crimes are solved

eternity.forever. said...

I've read that book actually. ^^
I was probably there when I recommended it to you.
xDD
*Peter James was the author. LOL!